Tips & Tools2019-08-29T19:01:54+00:00



Where is my refund?

If you haven’t received your refund from this tax year, visit these sites or call the numbers below.
You should know your Social Security Number, filing status (single, married, etc.) and the dollar amount of the refund.

Federal refund or call 800-829-1040
South Carolina or call 803-898-5300
Georgia refund

How long should I keep receipts?

You should keep receipts that support tax deductions for at least 5 years. Improvement costs may reduce taxable gain upon sale of property, so keep records of improvement costs made to all real property at least four years after the property is sold.


These helpful tools can help you with your decisions.

Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) Calculator

These calculators can assist you in determining what your Required Minimum Distribution (“RMD”) should be from your retirement savings. You should know your rate of return, and approximate value in the account(s).

FINRA RMD calculator
Schwab RMD calculator

Withholding Calculator

Use this calculator to determine how much withholding you should have. This is a complicated calculator; you should have a recent pay stub, and knowledge of all sources of income and withholding.

IRS Withholding Calculator

Mileage Calculator

If you want to deduct mileage for a vehicle, you must keep a daily mileage log. If you forgot to write down the odometer reading, you can use a mapping website to calculate the miles driven from Point A to Point B



Taxing and Licensing Authorities

Internal Revenue Service
SC Department of Revenue
Georgia Department of Revenue
Beaufort County online services
Jasper County online services
Town of Hilton Head Island
Town of Bluffton

Don’t see what you need? Call us at 843-689-2800.